Island Bound: July 2017 – Day One
I’m attempting to make a shorter trip to the Island. A ferry lost its generator, so the sailing schedule is a mess. Having made a reservation, I have ‘priority loading on a first come-first served basis’ for a boat that is now an hour late, and already 3.25 hours later than my intended boat. I had warning of all this last night, and so was prepared to entertain myself (beach walk, reading, writing…) while waiting.
This trip is mainly about vendors:
- The appliance guy has been and gone already. Hopefully there is hot water and an opinion re the stove and oven.
- The pest folks and I need to pow-wow about the shed, trailer and barns.
- The chimney people will consult regarding a propane insert for the fireplace.
- The neighbor who mowed last time will stop in. Hopefully I can put him on retainer.
- This neighbor’s wife is interested in the trailer.
- The guy who worked on the grey water drain field will stop in to diagnose why the drain field is still not working.
- My high school class mate may stop in to go through the upper barn. One daughter’s trash is another man’s treasure.