November Island Trip – Day Two
Today was productive. The following happened:
- An actual real estimate was given to replace the water heater!
- After 25 minutes of trying, I gave up attempting to light the incumbent water heater, and bummed a shower from a neighbor.
- Passed the electrical inspection. The inspector was actually jolly. A first!
- Painted the north wall of the living room.
- Prepped the bathroom for painting.
- Got the insert working, and its remote hooked up. It, of course, worked perfectly for the technician!
- Did a load of laundry and was able to dry it to the 80% mark on the line. It was sunny!!
- Found out the spruce is in hospice with a fatal case of bark beetles. The up side is, due to its lean and the prevailing winds, if it comes down under its own power, it won’t hit the house. I was advised to move my truck, however.
- Had visits from two lovely neighbors, one with her grandson. They were keeping dragons at bay with pipe insulation swords. Good to know how well protected I am ;->.
- Lost this entire post last night, due to s-l-o-w connectivity and an utter lack of patience.
Onward to day Three!!
Leave a Reply