May 2018 Island Trip Day Seven
- More floor cleaning. Living room, hallway, and master bedroom are done. Only areas under furniture remain.
- Cleaning all the little places I’ve discovered that aren’t painted. Behind the big shelf, and a cabinet, above the oven after packing up what lived there. Then painting them. Bedroom closets are on another list!
- The couches were cleaned today. I was out for dinner for three and half hours this evening. When I came back to the house, the smoky smell was almost gone.
- I hung laundry out in the sun. For some reason, this always pleases me. Perhaps it’s about slowing down.
- I sold my dad’s ginormous drafting board to a gal who does block printing. It feels good to know his table will be used by an artist.
- Packing is almost done. I’m down to the tricky part where you’re trying to safely pack objects that do no play well together.
- Raking aside the pine trimming I left on the ground yesterday because,
- The wonderful neighbor who mows for me was buzzing around the property. This is the third time he’s mowed. Today he cut a wider path such that I can see the flow of the land.
- Trying to locate a member of an Island family that my parents were friends with, because I found a large mounted photo of their family members dated 1900.
- Dinner with the lovely neighbor at the end of the drive from me. She has walked my path, is wise, has a great sense of humor, and makes me smile.
Leave a Reply