Furniture Move – Day 2
After yeseterday’s Herculean efforts, today has been easy.
- Finish loading the little stuff.
- Close the truck.
- Close the house.
- Try but fail to get on the earlier ferry.
- Walk about town, have lunch, get on our intended boat.
- Pick up our truck once on the mainland.
- Arrive home and take a wee rest.
- Open the moving truck to remove what doesn’t belong, and add, from our house, what does.
- Close up the truck.
- Feel immensely thankful that we managed to arrive home with leftover dinner!
Tomorrow is it. I confess to feeling buoyant as I took things downstairs to add to the truck. Not because it was leaving our house, but because it’s going where it belongs: To mom’s.