May/June 2022 Island Trip – Day 11
Today was better than yesterday. I was not compelled to nap for hours, my mood was better, I got a few things done, my neighbor the east and I got a dump run in, and met with my AN about a bunch of work he’s going to do for me:
- Replace the culvert under the east drive,
- Rehang the pump room door, which has moved to the point where the door won’t close,
- Install heat tape and pipe insulation on the pump room plumbing,
- Decouple the two water systems,
- Add a spigot in the garden on the ground well system stub out,
- Possibly get water to dad’s old dark room sink,
- Remove the catalytic heater (open propane flame ~ we’ve Never used) in Stella, and
- Use that hose to create an exterior BBQ hookup for Stella.
He also showed me how to change the filters on the deep well system. That’ll save a Bundle! Another thing he helped me with was moving my dad’s old clay wedging table (all bazillion pounds of it) outside. We used an appliance dolly and set of wheels on a frame. It wasn’t effortless, but neither of us got hurt! An Island ceramic artist has adopted it.
Sending another of my father’s tools out into the world makes me very happy, and it frees up a lot of space in the lower barn. A win-win.